Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Bighorn 100 article

This past Sunday there was an article in the New York Times sports section about the Bighorn 100. The writer, Kirk Johnson really captured the essence of my favorite ultra event. I also highly recommend Kirk's 2002 book To The Edge about his experience training for and finishing Badwater.

I was sorry to miss seeing friends out at Bighorn. A sore achilles and busy schedule kept me away this year but I hope to be back again in '10. If you have not made it to Wyoming for this great event make a point to get out there sometime. You can run anywhere from 100 miles to 30k and the scenery and atmosphere are first rate.

Congratulations to everyone who had a chance to run around in the Bighorns. Also a big congratulations to everyone who battled the heat down in the Sierras last weekend.

No comments: